Here are a few classic comments from the fans in the upper deck of Toronto’s 3-2 win over Tampa Bay on Monday night:
- “It’s been a very physical game thus far.” - man to nobody in particular in Section 519, referring to game 2 of the Stanley Cup Final while listening to a walkman. I don’t know about anybody else, but this is one of my biggest pet peeves. If you want to watch/listen to/follow along with the hockey game so badly, why in the hell would you come to the Blue Jays game? He wasn’t paying attention to the game at all, but just sat there transfixed by his yellow Sony walkman with 1988 headphones. Why bother?
- “Mmmm…” – same hockey follower after pulling out a processed cheese and Wonderbread sandwich from a Blue Jays souvenir shop plastic bag. Really, really, really gross….
- “They should score that umpire’s assistance! Not a hit! COME ON!!!” – Bobby (see FLF of the game), after Sean Rodriguez broke up Brandon Morrow’s no-hitter with an infield single.
- “F#$% you Overbay! You’re playing F#$%ing kids ball you moron!” – Pingu (see FLF of the game), after Overbay grounded out to second in the 8th.
- “You’re dead now Overbay! You’re in deep trouble! I’m gonna be on your ass the rest of the season!” – Pingu, minutes later. I didn’t have the heart to tell him that there was absolutely no chance that Overbay would ever be able to hear his heckles from section 519.
As always, if you have can provide any overheard quotes from the upper deck at a Jays game, feel free to post them in the comment box below or send them to 500 Level Fan.
I received this link from our friend at “1 Blue Jays Way” about a 500 level experience a few years back.