Here are a few great comments from the fans in the 500 Level during Toronto’s tough 4-3 loss to the Yankees on Sunday:
- “It’s all about the sweep. I’m gettin’ f#$%ed up!” – the Shirtless High-Fiver (see today’s 500 Level Fan of the Game) trying to get people excited. Note: this is only a paraphrase as the high-fiver was extremely intoxicated – so blind drunk that he was speaking three languages at once. This is what I thought I heard.
- “We need more of you here to support our economy.” – Shirtless High-Fiver to a random guy wearing a neon-green Boston Red Sox hat. I guess he assumed the guy was from Boston.
- “Hey you! Hey! Give me a high five! Hey! HEY! Are you a Yankees fan?” – Shirtless High-Fiver to a dad at the game with his young son, with his hand inches from the dad’s face. Instead of just accepting the five, or laughing, the dad pretended the high-fiver wasn’t there and ignored him, probably scarring his son for life. They promptly left the 500 Level.
- “How can you expect to build a fan base with your shirts on?” – Shirtless High-Fiver to the entire 500 Level at an insanely loud volume.
- “No. Uh-uh.” – Shirtless High-Fiver when being asked to leave the premises by two Rogers Centre security guards and a police officer.
- “It’s about to get real loud in he-ahhh.” – Annoying Yankees fan wearing a Babe Ruth jersey, in an annoying New York accent, walking into section 535 in the 5th inning. Him and his three friends then said nothing for two innings. The only words they spoke came after Vernon Wells put the Jays ahead 2-0. Then, one of them said:
- “We have more titles than your whole team!” – annoying Yankees fan in a Joe DiMaggio jersey. I guess that’s supposed to hurt our feelings.
- “Sit down DiMaggio you a$%hole! You’re ugly and the lady beside you is fat!” – drunk girl, one row behind me.
- “Where’s the referee?” – different drunk girl, one row behind me.
- “Sara! Sara! Get up here you snatch face!” – a third drunk girl trying to get the attention of her friend a few rows ahead of her. Amazing.
As always, if you have can provide any overheard quotes from the upper deck at a Jays game, feel free to post them in the comment box below or send them to 500 Level Fan.