Actual comments from fans in the 500 Level during Toronto’s 7-5 loss to Boston:
- “What I don’t want you to do is chug it. But…I can’t sell you another one ’til you’re done” – beer vendor in section 534, while winking
- “Double it up! Oh you idiot! Why wouldn’t he go for the double play?” – guy behind me after Johnny Mac flipped the ball to Aaron Hill with 2 outs to end the inning
- “Boo! Get him back to the minors!” – after Travis Snider struck out to end the 6th
- “Come on! Russ Adams would have made that play.” – said after Hill successfully turned a double play. I didn’t understand…
The following are all from the same group of guys who moved behind us in the 7th inning. Enjoy.
- “You’re an idiot! That’s why you’re hitting .213!” – after Hill popped to second in the 7th
- “Way to go Cito!” – after Shawn Camp allowed HR to Lowell in the 8th
- “Why is Fernandez on the wall? He was the weakest Jay.” – Tony is Toronto’s all-time leader in games, at bats, hits, triples, singles, and assists, holds the World Series record for most RBI by a SS, was a 5-time All Star, and won four Gold Gloves. Yeah – he sucked.
- “Stieb? I thought it was Dave Steve.” – yep, these people sit in the 500’s…
- Idiot 1: “Why isn’t Kelly Gruber on the wall of fame” Idiot 2: “Dude, I think Gruber’s still playing.”
- “David Wright gets too many errors. That’s why he’s not on my fantasy team.”
- “Wins are the worst stat because a pitcher can’t control them. The best stat is ribbies. Give me ribs any day of the week.”