Fantastic game on Friday night, terrible game on Saturday afternoon. While I was at the Friday night game live and in person – along with fellow Jays bloggers 1 Blue Jays Way and the Blue Jay Hunter – my memory is dim due to beer. Thankfully, I was not at yesterday’s debacle. But both nights I had friends scattered throughout the dome who sent me the following classic quotes from Rogers Centre fans.
- “Wow! Get this guy outta the game immediately!” – first inning on Friday, after Cecil fell behind 4-0.
- “Yes Longoria! You made an error! Yes!” – dumb frosh kid after Longoria booted a ball in the bottom of the first.
- “Don’t worry. The Jays got them right where they want them.” – after Toronto fell behind 8-1.
- “So I was working at Jack Astor’s, and there was this girl who would come in. She was the 7th inning stretch girl. I was tagging her for a while. It was awesome.”
- “Alright, bring in the next stiff.” – during a pitching change on Saturday, when the Jays were down 13-1.
- “This is the worst god damn game ever. It’s going on forever. Christ almighty, put me out of my misery.” – Classic.